TransferDirect is a streamlined process for transferring your patients to Memorial Hospital or to arrange MedFlight transport to ANY hospital.
- Provide a one-call resource to coordinate patient transfer.
- Arrange for specialty care transport teams, including MedFlight and pediatric intensive care.
- Connect you to MedFlight for transport to ANY hospital.
- Expedite physician-to-physician communication with Memorial’s Medical Staff.
- Facilitate communication with nursing staff.
- Toll-free, one-call transfer access, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- A dedicated Call Center with Transfer Coordinators.
- A clearinghouse for all transfer-related communications.
- Enhanced quality control through the recording of all transfer calls.
Call 866.262.4247 for interfacility transport to ANY hospital
Call 866.939.5317 for scene response
When lives depend on rapid transport, Memorial MedFlight is ready to answer the call.
- Our highly trained medical staff specializes in rapid transport for both pediatric and adult patients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Whether the need is for a scene response or an interfacility transport, you can rest assured that Memorial MedFlight will provide the knowledge and expertise needed for optimal patient care.
Click here for more information about Memorial MedFlight.
Thanks to recent renovations, a state of the art helistop on the roof of Elkhart General Hospital will speed the care of critically injured patients in Elkhart County.
Pediatric Emergency Transport (PETS)
Air and ground transport
We care for critically ill or injured children and their families by providing high-quality pediatric care through rapid interhospital ground or air transport.
- A member of our transport team is available 24/7 to quickly and safely facilitate the care that your pediatric patient needs.
- Beacon Children’s Hospital’s pediatric-dedicated team includes a pediatric critical care experienced registered nurse, a pediatric trained paramedic and a respiratory therapist.
- We serve our local community as well as surrounding communities within a 100-mile radius for interfacility transports.
- In addition to our transport ambulance, we collaborate with the MedFlight crew to offer pediatric nursing expertise for children under the age of 10 who require helicopter transport.
Newborn Intensive Care Transport Team
Air and ground transport
The multidisciplinary NICU Transport Team provides comprehensive family-centered care of the sick neonate.
- Medical control is available 24/7 to quickly arrange for your newborn patient’s care.
- The NICU Transport Team is under the direction of a neonatologist and includes a neonatal nurse practitioner, a specially trained NICU registered nurse and a specially trained respiratory therapist.
- With the assistance of the MedFlight crew, Memorial NICU Transport is able to transport critical infants by air, if needed, in addition to the specially equipped transport ambulance. By ground or air, Memorial NICU transport can provide expert care for infants.
Memorial Hospital Maternal Transport Program
As a Level III OB Unit, we are capable of caring for mothers at any gestation. With over 25 years of accepting transports, our staff began serving the region with a Maternal Transport Team in 2016.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine consultation and transport requests are available 24/7.
- Our specialized team for transport includes a high-risk OB RN and an RRT.
- Our 9-bed Special Care Obstetrics Unit is dedicated to high-risk antepartum and postpartum care.
- We have a 36-bed Level III NICU available if delivery is required. By transporting the mom, there is less stress on the baby after birth and an increased opportunity for the mom and baby to bond at one hospital.
Click here for more information about Maternal Transport.