Course for Practitioner
TRAUMA strikes its victims swiftly and indiscriminately. In the first critical hour after someone has been severely injured, the physician must act with speed, knowledge and skill.
The Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS™) Course teaches established standards of trauma care and practical life saving skills. The course is a continuing medical education program designed to teach doctors life-saving skills and a standardized approach to trauma care in the “golden hour.” The course is designed for physicians treating trauma patients in emergency or surgical settings.
Upon completion of the ATLS™ program, the practitioner will be able to:
- Demonstrate concepts and principles of primary and secondary patient assessment.
- Establish management priorities in a trauma situation
- Initiate primary and secondary management necessary in the early hours of emergency care.
- Demonstrate skills used in the initial assessment and management of the patient with multiple injuries
November 11-12, 2017
- Presented by: Memorial Leighton Trauma Center
- Co-sponsored by: Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Accredited by: American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) have designated this educational activity as meeting the criteria for 19 Category I credit hours. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Memorial Hospital Cancer Care Conference Room — 1st Floor
615 N. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601
Attending Physician - $750.00
Fellow/Resident Physician - $600.00
PA/NP - $750.00
Online Online Registration. Registration is limited to 16 students for Provider course. Course materials will be sent upon receipt of payment.
Registration deadline is Oct. 23. FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
Scott Thomas, MD, FACS
Trauma Medical Director, Memorial Hospital of South Bend
For questions please contact
Greg Bingaman, ACNP
ATLS® Course Coordinator
574.647.7421 Fax: 574.647.7030