- This event has passed.
July 9 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm$150
The Full Fork Program, based on the Forks Over Knives documentary and book, is a whole-foods, plant-based way of eating that offers an alternative way to eat shown to reduce cholesterol levels, risk of heart attack, diabetes, and more.
Our first meeting will be Tuesday, July 9, at 6pm. Subsequent meetings will be: 7/9, 7/23, 8/6, 8/20, 9/3, 9/17, 10/1, 10/15. These are all Tuesdays and start time is 6pm. Cost is $150 per participant. Couples who live in same household are $100 per person.
The Full Fork Program includes:
- Baseline intake which includes a lipid profile measuring HDL, LDL, glucose, and total cholesterol, body composition & blood pressure
- Forks Over Knives book, which lays out the foundation of moving into a whole-foods, plant-based diet
- Monthly group meetings providing resources and support
- Weekly e-mails offering recipes and motivation
- Monthly potlucks of good eating, fellowship and sharing (open to everyone)
- Field trips
- An end of program follow-up intake
The group is coordinated by Fitness Specialist Bridget Hardy and Beacon dietitian Erica Weinandy.