Rockin’ Dr. Thomas Erickson connects with kindness, compassion
Congratulations to Dr. Thomas Erickson of the Memorial Hospital Childbirth Unit for being a Doc Who Rocks!
A Rockin’ Doc is a physician who brings his or her best to Beacon Health System each day. Associates and colleagues nominated Dr. Erickson for this distinction because he makes authentic and trustworthy personal connections to create moments that matter for patients, families and staff members. Here are some of the reasons why his Beacon team members think he rocks:
- Dr. Erickson always asks how he can be useful to the nurses and if there is anything else he can do for the patients. He sits down and REALLY talks to the patients. He is always willing to answer their questions. He is respectful, kind, gentle and compassionate. He has a fantastic wealth of knowledge and has become a skilled OB care provider.
- He is very approachable. He always has a positive attitude and he is a great patient advocate! He is very kind and caring.
- No job that needs to be done is beneath him. He is always in there helping both us and the patients. He comes in readily on his off time and gets as much experience as he can to take with him. Love Dr. Erickson!
- Dr. Erickson has such a kind, caring and gentle manner which comes across so well when he is attending to his patients. His attention to detail with education and his ability to connect make him both effective and well trusted. He never leaves a room without asking his colleagues, “Is there anything else I can do to help?” He will be so missed!
- I think Tommy is truly the very best OB fellow we’ve ever had. And we’ve had some excellent physicians in this role. From his kindness and compassion, to his sense of humor and the graceful way he handles difficult situations. He will truly be missed and I think some tears will be shed as he drives away later this summer to the great state of North Dakota
Thank you for your dedication to your patients and your team, Dr. Erickson! You’re a Rockin’ Doc!