Beacon Health updates visitor restrictions at hospitals
Oct 07, 2020 in Spotlight
October 7, 2020
Visitation policies are now in effect for all Beacon locations:
- A maximum of 1 visitor will be permitted at any one time for each patient.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older and in good health. Visitors cannot be acutely ill and cannot be in quarantine or suspected of having COVID-19.
- Visitors will be stopped for a screening questionnaire upon entry, but we are no longer taking temperatures at the door. Visitors should proceed directly to a patients room and minimize time in other areas of the hospital.
- Visitors must wear a mask covering the mouth and nose at all times within the facility. If the visitor does not have a mask, one will be provided to them.
- Visitors should wash their hands and use hand cleanser frequently while visiting. If needed, personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided to the visitor.
- Certain units and departments may have more restrictive visitor guidelines.
- Visitation may be delayed or not permitted if it is felt to put the health of a patient, associate, provider, or visitor at undue risk.
- Visiting hours for facilities and units will be in effect.