Non-healing and chronic wounds are very serious medical conditions. Untreated or undertreated wounds can take a toll on your quality of life, and in some cases, even lead to limb loss. Getting quick treatment for hard-to-heal wounds is key to a healthy outcome.
Wound care specialists at Beacon Health System offer a wide range of wound care therapies and treatments to help you heal faster.
Our specialists evaluate your individual needs, thoroughly discuss treatment options and provide personalized care plans.
A physician referral for wound care services is required.
Types of Wounds We Treat
Wounds are commonly caused by trauma, circulation problems, infection, burns, diabetes, radiation injury and surgical complications. They can even result from internal injuries where no open wound exists. Our specialists are well experienced in treating:
- Diabetic wounds that are slow-to-heal or not healing
- Foot and leg ulcers or sores
- Surgical wounds that have opened
- Skin grafts or surgical flaps that are not healing post-surgery
- Skin tears or open sores caused by radiation treatment
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Crush injuries from an accident
- Radiation cystitis (bladder inflammation) or proctitis (rectal lining inflammation)
- Reconstruction of jaw or bone related to mandibular osteoradionecrosis (radiation-induced bone death)
Why Choose Beacon?
Patients and referring physicians choose Beacon for many reasons, including:
- Advanced therapies – We offer the latest in wound care products, dressings, antibiotics and treatment to help you heal faster and avoid more serious illness such as progressive tissue loss or amputation.
- Comprehensive services – We recognize when additional medical specialties might be beneficial. In these cases, our specialists connect you to additional resources while continuing to manage your care.
- Highly skilled specialists – Our wound care specialists range from physicians to physical therapists who apply proven wound care practices to treat every type of wound. Our physical therapists are certified wound specialists.
- State-of-the-art facilities – Wound care services at Elkhart General and Memorial bring you optimal comfort, convenience and healing through patient-focused design and leading-edge technologies.
Elkhart General Center for Wound Healing
500 Arcade Avenue, Suite 310
Elkhart, IN 46514
(Located inside RiverPointe Surgery Center)
Memorial Hospital Wound Care Services
615 N. Michigan Street
South Bend, IN 46601
(Located inside Memorial Hospital)