Cancer Care at Beacon: What to Expect
We know you have a lot of questions. We’re here for you, with a trusted team that will walk with you as you navigate your journey. From day one, we’ll connect you with a highly specialized, integrated network of cancer care specialists who will provide the compassionate and personal attention you deserve – all in one place – so you can focus on what’s most important: You.
574.647.8300One Call. One Team. Everything You Need.
Preparing for Your First Visit
Your first visit can take 1-2 hours. We schedule you with the physician as well as our resource staff during this time to ensure you receive all the important information you need regarding your diagnosis.
Please be sure to bring your new patient paperwork if it was sent to you ahead of time. If you did not receive your new patient paperwork before your planned visit, you can complete it on the day you meet with your provider. You will also need:
- Photo ID
- Insurance Cards
- An up-to-date list of any medications you’re taking, or you can bring the bottles to your appointment to be recorded accurately for our records
- Please bring any medical records and/or scans that you may have
- List of any other questions you have for your care team
- Notebook and pen to take notes
- We encourage you to bring someone who can join you in the appointment and take notes for you if needed.
- Both Elkhart General Hospital and Memorial Hospital offer free valet parking and dining options.