District 2 TRAC (D2TRAC)
Trauma Regional Advisory Councils, or TRACs, are regional trauma systems that help drive statewide system development of trauma care. There are 10 districts in Indiana. Each district trauma center works with area hospitals, EMS agencies, and community agencies to improve trauma care within their region.
Memorial Hospital and Elkhart General Hospital are part of District 2 in North Central Indiana. This district is comprised of seven counties: St. Joseph, Elkhart, Starke, Marshall, Kosciusko, Pulaski, and Fulton. Demographics in these counties vary from rural to urban.
- Standardize practice among agencies/facilities
- Decrease length of stay for trauma patients
- Enhance regional pediatric trauma care
- Provide trauma education to providers and outreach injury prevention to the community
- Develop new initiatives aimed at reducing death and disability for patients traumatic injuries
D2TRAC meetings take place four times per year at acute care/critical access hospitals within the district. Upcoming meetings for 2021:
August 3rd via zoom
Please contact Beacon Trauma Services at email@example.com for meeting information and future meeting invitations.
The INside TRAC Newsletters:
The INside TRAC May 2021
The INside TRAC Feb 2021
The INside TRAC Sept 2020
The INside TRAC Jan 2020