New Home for Children’s Hospital Scheduled for Completion in February 2017
The largest, single construction project dedicated to children’s health in Michiana’s history, Memorial Children’s Hospital expansion, is expected to wrap up at the end of February 2017. Keep an eye on Beacon’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/BeaconHealth) for updates as the project moves closer to completion.
“The building is almost completely closed in and we are making good progress on the interior work. It will be great to see the patient rooms come together as we begin the interior finishes,” says Ashley Shaw, assistant superintendent at Balfour Beatty Construction.
Here are the most recent construction highlights:
- Exterior windows continuing to be installed
- Most of the exterior wall framing is completed
- Roofing almost completed
- Drywall has started on levels 5 and 6
- Wall framing is continuing on all floors
- Installation of mechanical duct, electrical wiring and plumbing piping in walls and above ceiling
- Brick is continuing on the south and elevator tower elevations