Cancer Education and Resources
If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you need more than just medical care. You also need answers and support that may help you, your family and your caregivers throughout your cancer journey.
Beacon Health System Resources
- Health & Fitness: restorative fitness, classes that are tailored to patients with various energy levels
- Dietitians: clinicians who offer guidance for eating to enhance recovery and coping with eating issues caused by treatment side effects
- Financial Counseling & ClaimAid
- American Cancer Society: information about cancer
- Triage Cancer: a really helpful source of information and tools for patients and caregiver. It includes videos and printable handouts.
- Cancer Care: 800-813-HOPE (4673) or https://www.cancercare.org/ offers education for patients/caregivers, information on financial assistance programs, inspiring stories and free counseling/support groups online, by phone, and (where available) in person.
Patient and Caregiving Support
- RiverBend Cancer Services: focuses on the health and wellness of our community’s cancer patients and families. Cancer support programs available to residents of Elkhart and St. Joseph County. Financial support programs limited to St. Joseph County.
- Cass County Cancer Services, available at 269-699-5551 is an excellent resource for financial and emotional support for residents of Cass County, Michigan.
- Ribbon of Hope Cancer Support Ministry: cancer support and ministry (Elkhart residents only)
- Cancer Resources for Elkhart County: provides direct emotional and financial support for people with cancer and their families
- Berrien County Cancer Service
- Kosciusko County Cancer Fund
- Betty’s Buddies: offers gas and grocery giftcards to all cancer patients.
- Cancer Hope Network: matches cancer patients and caregivers with volunteer survivors to support through their cancer journey. Website also includes stories of hope from other cancer survivors. Available at 877-HOPENET(467-3638) or https://www.cancerhopenetwork.org/
- REAL Services: offers financial assistance, coordinates programs like Meals on Wheels, and helps residents apply for Medicare.
- United Health Services: offers assistance to Breast Cancer patients.
- Pace Program: available to medicate patients for transportation and in-home nursing program.
*Services listed are subject to change. Not all services may be offered in your county.