Banana Kiwi Salad
Bring Color to Your Diet! Fruits and veggies add color, flavor and texture plus vitamins, minerals and fiber to your plate. Make 2 cups of fruit and 2 cups of vegetables your daily goal. Don’t let winter stop you from enjoying produce. It may be harder to find fresh options, but frozen and canned are great alternatives.
Banana Kiwi Salad Recipe: (Serves 4 | 25 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced shallot
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 firm ripe bananas,
- cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cashews, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk lime juice, oil, shallot, vinegar, honey, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl.
- Add kiwis, bananas, bell pepper and mint; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with cashews.
*TIP: To toast nuts & seeds on the stovetop: Toast in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional Information: Per serving 170 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 5 g fiber; 151 mg sodium; 544 mg potassium.