Services and Procedures
Elkhart General Hospital
Elkhart General Hospital’s surgical center, located inside the Arthur J. Decio Pavilion, is highlighted by
43 all-private patient rooms, the newest medical technology to meet your community’s ever-changing needs, and a one-of-a-kind patient environment.
This facility was designed to embody our mission to provide exceptional, compassionate and innovative health care to all we serve.
The center includes 11 operating rooms, including one hybrid operating room, and three endoscopy suites for inpatient and outpatient surgeries. The 43 all-private patient rooms that make up the Post Surgical Care Unit combine the most advanced technology available, with the comfort and security patients need to heal and recover.
Other key features include
- Patient Tracking — Family members can track their loved one’s progression through the surgical process via monitors and/ or through text messages.
- Helistop – A helistop on the roof will speed the care of critically injured patients in Elkhart County.
- Central Sterile Processing – Including state-of-the-art decontaminators, sterilizers and prep tables for assembling and tracking instruments.
- Surgery Prep/Hold Area – With 23 beds/chair bays, and designed to accommodate family members, this is where patients receive pre-surgical medications and tests.
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) – Patients are transported directly to the 14-bed PACU after procedures if they’ve had an anesthetic or need to be monitored.
With 13 surgery suites, and 2 hybrid operating rooms, the surgeons and staff of Memorial Hospital’s surgical services department are ready to perform all types of surgeries, from the most complex to the most common, including: cardiovascular cases, orthopedics, neurosurgery, trauma, and daVinci robotic surgery.
Some additional benefits of our services include:
- A team approach allows interventional radiologists, surgeons and trauma experts to work together to provide safer, quicker and more efficient services
- Flat-panel detectors help physicians see three-dimensional images in high resolution, without the distortion common with conventional x-rays
- Higher quality images, resulting in a faster and more accurate diagnosis for patients
- Patients receive the lowest possible dose of radiation
- The ergonomic design of the system helps lessen time-consuming and uncomfortable repositioning of our patients in the exam room, which can help make procedures faster and less stressful
- Instant access to the lab, for quicker test results
- The very latest anesthesia, monitoring and safety systems