Rockin’ Dr. Luke White embodies expertise and compassionate care
Congratulations to Dr. Luke White of the Memorial Hospital Intensive Care Unit for being a Doc Who Rocks!
A Rockin’ Doc is a physician who brings his or her best to Beacon Health System each day. Associates and colleagues nominated Dr. White for this distinction because he makes authentic and trustworthy personal connections to create moments that matter for patients, families and staff members. Here are some of the reasons why Dr. White’s Beacon team members think he rocks:
- Dr. White is consistently a calm and compassionate voice in our unit. I have been in countless family meetings with Dr. White and he takes time with each family to discuss difficult patient situations. His compassion and empathy for patients and their families is so comforting.
- He takes care of each patient as if he or she were family.
- Dr. White truly impresses me every time I work with him. The knowledge he shares makes us all feel blown away. He can provide evidence to all he does and loves to explain the science behind it. He is always happy to teach anyone, including nurses, medical students and family members.
- Dr. White can manage a severely critical patient, direct the staff clearly and coherently amidst a challenging situation and, most importantly, includes the family in the decision making and treats them with great compassion, respect and honesty.
- He is not only an excellent physician but truly a nursing ally. Dr. White does a lot to recognize us and make us feel valued.
Thank you for your devotion to exceptional patient care and your commitment to your team, Dr. White! You’re a Rockin’ Doc!