Volunteer Orientation Dates
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Memorial Hospital. In closely monitoring the ongoing impacts of COVID-19, Beacon Health System continues to prioritize the safety of patients, guests, volunteers and staff. A multitude of changes have occurred across Beacon since mid-March 2020 and we are slowly reopening services as recommended by state and federal governments. Beacon leaders will continue to work with our boards, local and state health departments, and community members to ensure the safest possible environment is provided to our patients, staff and the community.
Volunteers with an active status in March 2020 when volunteering was temporarily discontinued are asked to:
- Submit 2021-22 Influenza documentation
- Submit documentation of complete COVID-19 vaccination series
- View return-to-service videos and submit required paperwork
- Register for in-person onboarding which will include hand washing audits and new uniform pick up.
Those interested in becoming volunteers should register for and attend a New Volunteer Orientation. Our volunteer capacity has changed greatly as some volunteer service areas remain closed at this time for the health and safety of our volunteers, and we cannot guarantee a placement opportunity for all who attend Orientation. As noted on the Service Area page, we place volunteers into service areas based on their availability/interests and available shifts in a particular service area at the time when they complete the onboarding requirements.
All orientations will be held in-person at the Memorial Hospital Auditorium:
- Sunday, April 24, 2022 @ 11:30am
- Wednesday, May 18, 2022 @ 4:30pm
- Thursday, June 2, 2022 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, August 27, 2022 @ 10:00am
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022 @ 5:30pm
Information including location, parking information and application details will be provided after completing registration.