Elkhart General Volunteer Requirements
The volunteer position is fun, exciting, and is greatly appreciated by the patients, visitors and staff of Elkhart General Hospital. We look forward to welcoming you as a smiling, friendly and caring volunteer to Elkhart General Hospital located in Elkhart, Indiana.
To become a volunteer for Elkhart General Hospital each prospective volunteer will need to schedule an interview and attend an orientation session. Sessions are offered several times throughout the year; click here for current schedule.
Eligible adult volunteers must be at least age 18 to volunteer.
High school teens between the ages of 17-18 are welcome to volunteer at Elkhart General Hospital. Please call 574.523.2761 or email gro.metsyshtlaehnocaeb@lovhge to request an interview time slot to ensure an Elkhart General Hospital volunteer position is a good fit.
Specific requirements and/or completed paperwork needed to volunteer at Elkhart General Hospital include:
- Completed application
- TB test and Read (administered within the last year)
- MMR and Varicella vaccination or history of chicken pox (we will supply paperwork to adults for blood tests if no records are available)
- Tdap Immunization Record
- Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Submit to background check
- Signed Performance Essentials
- Confidentiality statement
- Safety quiz
- Photo consent (optional)
- Other requirements will be reviewed at orientation and include abiding by Elkhart General Hospital’s Code of Conduct (Performance Essentials)
We will provide the required paperwork at time of RSVP. Junior and College students are required to supply the requested medical requirements, but may receive a seasonal influenza immunization (flu shot) at the hospital. Adults may have the option to obtain a titer draw to check for immunity for MMR and Varicella.