Memorial Volunteer Requirements
Volunteering is fun, exciting, and greatly appreciated by the patients, visitors and staff of Memorial. We look forward to welcoming you as a smiling, friendly and caring volunteer to Memorial Hospital of South Bend!
To become a volunteer for Memorial Hospital of South Bend, you will need to attend an orientation session. RSVP is required. Sessions are offered several times throughout the year and you can RSVP on the Volunteer Orientation Dates page.
You must be at least 18-years-old to be eligible to volunteer.
All student volunteer applicants will be required to pay a $56 processing fee; which includes a background check and uniform. The fee can be paid when you register for orientation, or it will be collected during the interview process. If you pay the fee then are unable to volunteer, you can request a refund within 90 days of payment rendered.
Teens between the ages of 15-17 who successfully complete the are welcome to interview for a volunteer position at Memorial.
Specific requirements and/or completed paperwork needed to volunteer at Memorial include:
- Completed application
- Documentation of a negative TB titer or skin test within the last 12 months – including millimeters of measurement and two dates (test administered and read)
- *2 dates of MMR vaccination
- *2 dates of Varicella vaccination or mm/yyyy history of chicken pox
- Tdap Vaccination Record
- Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Complete COVID-19 vaccination series
- Submit to background check
- Other requirements will be reviewed at orientation and include abiding by Memorial Hospital’s Code of Conduct (Performance Essentials)
*We can assist with blood tests for adults who complete orientation if no records are available for MMR & Varicella.
We will provide the required paperwork at time of RSVP.
It is time-consuming and costly to process and train exceptional volunteers. Because of this, we request a commitment of six months and/or 50 hours of regular weekly scheduled service time to become a volunteer.