Memorial Volunteer Requirements
The ambassador (volunteer) position is fun, exciting, and is greatly appreciated by the patients, visitors and staff of Memorial. We look forward to welcoming you as a smiling, friendly and caring ambassador to Memorial Hospital of South Bend!
To become an ambassador for Memorial Hospital of South Bend, you will need to attend an orientation session. RSVP is required. Sessions are offered several times throughout the year; click here for current schedule.
Eligible ambassadors must be at least age 18 to volunteer.
All student ambassador applicants will be required to pay a $56 processing fee; which includes a background check and uniform. The fee can be paid when you register for orientation, or it will be collected during the interview process. If you pay the fee then are unable to volunteer, you can request a refund within 90 days of payment rendered.
Teens between the ages of 15-17 who successfully complete the Mini Medical University for Teensprogram are welcome to interview for an ambassador position at Memorial.
Specific requirements and/or completed paperwork needed to volunteer at Memorial include:
- Completed application
- Documentation of a TB skin test in millimeters of measurement and it must have two dates: date administered and date read. It also needs to be current; within 12 months of orientation date.
- MMR and Varicella vaccination or history of chicken pox (we will supply paperwork to adults for blood tests if no records are available)
- Tdap Immunization Record
- Annual Influenza Vaccination
- Submit to background check
- Signed Performance Essentials
- Confidentiality statement
- Safety quiz
- Photo consent (optional)
- Other requirements will be reviewed at orientation and include abiding by Memorial Hospital’s Code of Conduct (Performance Essentials)
We will provide the required paperwork at time of RSVP.
*It is time-consuming and costly to process and train exceptional ambassadors. Because of this, we request a commitment of six months and/or 50 hours of regular weekly scheduled service time to become an ambassador.