Mini-Medical University for Teens
About the Program
For the past eight summers Memorial Hospital’s Ambassador Services Department has offered an one-of-a-kind learning experience for high school aged students. This hands-on, in depth experience includes lectures from clinicians in specialty areas, labs, various career opportunities in a hospital setting, exposure to a clinical unit and service within Memorial.
Mini-Medical University for Teens 101 is a full-day, week-long experience offered during the summer. Students who successfully complete Mini-Medical University for Teens 101 are also eligible to interview for a volunteer position at the hospital.
Students ages 15-18 who have an interest in medicine.
Due to privacy laws and other requirements, only high school students aged 15-17 who successfully complete Mini-Medical University for Teens are eligible to volunteer while in high school. High school seniors who are 18 or older are eligible to volunteer in the hospital once they either complete the Ambassador Orientation.
Interested in applying?
Each of the items listed below must be completed at time of application:
- 2 letters of recommendation
- MMR (2 doses) immunization record
- Varicella (2 doses or month/year of chicken pox) immunization record
- TB Test-given & read (within past 12 months)
MMU 2019 Session Dates & Cost
As of 4/9/19
- Each session is scheduled from 8:00-4:30, Monday-Friday
- 101 A | June 17 – 21 | FULL
- 101 B | July 8– 12 | FULL
- 101 C | July 29 – August 2 (limited space available)
- The total cost is $400 per student.
To obtain the Mini Medical University for Teens application; click the ‘register online’ link below, fill out the requested information and you will receive application via email.
*Limited scholarships available; based on financial need only. Separate application process; applications are available upon request.