Pediatric Infectious Disease
Beacon Children’s Hospital infectious disease physicians specialize in treating diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, parasites or fungi. These diseases can be spread directly or indirectly from person to person. Infectious diseases can also be transmitted by animals to humans.
Conditions We Treat Include:
- Recurrent fevers
- Repeated or serious infections
- Kawasaki disease
- Illnesses that are of unclear cause, have prolonged fever or are recurrent
- Respiratory infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Lyme disease
Diagnosing and treatment of infectious disease by the following methods:
- Antimicrobials – kill disease-causing microorganisms and prevent growth
- Vaccines – injections that help prevent infections
- Immunoglobulins – measure the level of antibodies in blood as antibodies are used to kill bacteria and infections
A referral from your pediatrician is required.