A team approach to getting you back in the game
If you believe a concussion has occurred, it is recommended that you be evaluated by a physician trained in concussion management. The Beacon Concussion Clinic provides certified specialists and an individualized approach to care. That’s one of the reasons we are recognized among the region’s leading comprehensive concussion management programs. We are dedicated to assisting athletes, parents and coaches in proper identification of concussion and guiding the recovery of concussed individuals so they may return to play/activity as soon as safely possible.
Our standard guidelines for safe recovery
Our team has established standards that we customize for each individual, including:
- Return-to-play guidelines
- Academic accommodations
- Forms to notify school/employer of specific restrictions based on the plan of care
- Recommendations for baseline testing either prior to high-risk sports/ activity or after symptoms of a previous concussion have resolved.
Beacon Concussion Clinic offers access to:
- Baseline Testing with standardized neurocognitive and balance assessment technology
- Post-injury Evaluation/Testing/Rehab
- Concussion Education Presentation to Groups
- Certified athletic trainers
- Sports medicine physicians
- Physical Therapists specializing in balance and vestibular therapy
- Speech language pathologists