About Memorial Hospital
For more than 100 years, Memorial Hospital of South Bend has provided high-quality health care to St. Joseph County, Indiana and surrounding communities. Memorial Hospital provides the highest level of newborn and pediatric care, cancer care, trauma care, surgical care and rehabilitation care in the region. We are the hospital more people turn to in St. Joseph County for health and well-being services. Memorial Hospital of South Bend is a community-owned, not-for-profit corporation based in South Bend, Indiana. It is governed by volunteer representatives of the community guided by a mission to improve the quality of life for the people of our community.
- Inpatient care in the licensed 657-bed Memorial Hospital
- Outpatient care
- Primary physician care from the providers of Beacon Medical Group
- Urgent care from MedPoint Urgent Care Centers, part of Beacon Medical Group
- Specialized pediatric care from Beacon Children’s Hospital, the region’s only children’s hospital
Memorial Hospital is not only recognized nationally as a leader in providing high quality care, but also as a leader in innovation, offering new approaches to patient satisfaction and customer service that set us apart.
Parking and Maps
Until further notice, Valet Services are closed at Memorial Hospital.
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend Campus Map (PDF Download)
- Memorial Hospital Police Department and Security provide vehicle escorts to and from the surface lots 24/7.
- Please call Security Dispatch at 574.647.3245.
- Valet parking is available at no cost to patients and guests from 4:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Bartlett garage is locked at 11 p.m. *fee charged to park in garage if visiting patient
Visiting Hours at Memorial Hospital of South Bend
Visitor Restrictions are in place in accordance with the CDC and Indiana state guidelines.
- General Visiting Hours: 11:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Pediatrics & PICU Visiting Hours: 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- ICU & Open Heart Recovery Visiting Hours: 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Patient Information & Hours: 574-647-1000
There are a few ways you can request copies of your medical records, depending on the type of information you need. Learn more about how to request your medical records.
View at list of upcoming class and events at Memorial Hospital of South Bend.
Opportunities to greet, escort, direct, bake for, rock, read to and love our patients await those with generous hearts. If you are friendly, caring, kind, and reliable, we would love to speak with you about volunteering in one of our Service Areas. Learn more about volunteering at Memorial Hospital of South Bend.