What is the Sunshine Award?
The Sunshine Award recognizes Beacon associates who are team players and who support exceptional patient care.
Who can be nominated for a Sunshine Award?
Sunshine Award nominees brighten the days of patients in their roles in vital services.
Hospital locations: any non-nursing or ancillary support position. Examples include associates in respiratory care, environmental services, nutrition services, patient care technician roles and many others.
Beacon Medical Group locations: any nursing, non-nursing or ancillary support position.
Who can nominate someone for a Sunshine Award?
Patients, visitors, guests, leaders, physicians and other Beacon team members may nominate associates for a Sunshine Award.
How are Sunshine Award winners honored?
Sunshine Award winners receive a celebration with treats of appreciation, an engraved award and a certificate. We love to gather team members together to surprise our winners!
How can I nominate someone for a Sunshine Award?
Fill out this form to nominate a Beacon associate who SHINES! Nominations are accepted year round.
Nominate a deserving recipient for the Sunshine Award using the following criteria:
- Having a kind and positive attitude that helps brighten the care environment for patients, families and colleagues.
- Working as an essential part of the team to provide excellent care.
- Always going above and beyond to help.
- Demonstrating outstanding communication and decision-making skills.
- Serving as a positive role model.
- Creating exceptional experiences for others.